- Meatless dinners twice a week. This is going well, we've found some new recipes that are so good, you wouldn't notice they don't have meat in them.
- Take the girls outside every day. So far, so good, 31 days and counting. I think January is one of the toughest months (we did get to -30 with a windchill one day) so hopefully with this one under our belt, we're on our way!
- Less time online. So-so. I definitely could have done better. I did make a "no internet browsing" on my phone rule and I did stop getting Facebook notifications. I still feel like it dictates my life a bit too much though.
- No prepackaged treats (store bought cookies, cakes, donuts, processed snack cakes, etc.). So far, so good.
- Run a half marathon. I registered for a race in November. Now I just have to do it!
- 1 major goal per month. First up - no sugar, treats, junk, etc. in January. HA! As I posted here, I failed spectacularly on that one.
- February's goal - no scale. I will not weigh myself once in the whole month. I'm not necessarily a compulsive weigh-er (though I do step on the scale 2-3 times a week). What I am, though, is neurotic about the number. If it goes up even 0.5lbs, it puts me in a rotten mood. I can feel so fit and good about myself, then step on the scale and let that number dictate my body image for the day. So, while I'm not quite strong enough to throw the scale away for good, I will put it in a hard to get place and ignore it for the month of February. Instead I will concentrate on my workouts, how strong and fit I'm getting and how good I feel. I challenge any other compulsive weigh-ers to join me!
Friday, February 1, 2013
February Goals 2013
I decided to do a monthly goal this year. I figure I might as well check in with my other goals at the same time and see how I'm doing.