Presley is 2.75 today. So nearly 3 that it blows my mind. I still think of her as a baby/toddler so she is always surprising me by things she does and says. It's time to accept that she's a kid now!
- is starting to drop her nap. She naps a couple of times a week but it generally affects her nighttime sleep. She usually visits me once a night...she stands by the bed and waits for me to notice her (not a creepy way to wake up at all!), I walk her back to her room, tuck her in and she goes back to sleep.
- knows most letters and a word that starts with each letter. She enjoys counting things. She is starting to show interest at printing and is drawing somewhat recognizable objects.
- is little miss independent. She knows what she wants (and consequently what she doesn't want!).
- has a great vocabulary. She speaks really well for her age.
Favourite things lately:
- pretend play with Sammy. Favourite characters are Aunty and Lucky, Levi and Luca, Casey and Elliotte and Mommy and Baby. Favourite scenes are emergency related...fire, ambulance, search and rescue, etc.
- riding her balance bike. We've finally gotten to a place where she doesn't whine and cry the entire way home. I'm sure the residents of our neighbourhood are really pleased at this development!
- grapes. I let the girls choose something every grocery day and for about 4 months straight, every week it's grapes for Presley.
- getting her toenails painted.
Things I never want to forget:
- how she says boosegumps instead of goosebumps. How could I correct her? It's much cuter that way!
- how she sneezes half a dozen times every single morning. I'm not sure if she'll ever outgrow that?
- how close her and Sammy are. Don't get me wrong, they have their share of bickering and fighting but they play extremely well together.