Thursday, January 16, 2014

Goals for 2014

I thought I'd try for a goal word or phrase this year and came up with mindfulness.  But, I know that for most goals to succeed, they need to be more specific and have an end date.  So, it was my motivation for many of my goals.

Family goals
  • maintain our daily outdoor time. 
  • have a family movie night once a month.  
  • date night for the girls every 2 weeks.  We'll alternate girls so we each get some quality one on one time with them every month.  We used to do this and fell out of the habit. 
  • date night for Shawn and I once a month.  
  • 2 kid-free getaways for Shawn and I before the end of the year.

Physical goals

I struggled a bit with these.  I've been working out 5-6 times a week since Presley was born so it was hard to come up with something.  I do feel like I workout better with a goal or a program, though.
  • finish Insanity by January 25.  These have been the hardest workouts I've done.  Hands down.  I have a love-hate relationship with them.  They make me want to cry/barf/die but I'm getting terrific results.
  • run a 5k under 22:00 by the end of the summer.
  • complete T-25.  This is the latest program by the same person that did Insanity.  It's a lot shorter which would be great for time management!
  • complete the newest P90x.
Personal goals
  • meditate every day.
  • Facetime with family minimum once a month.
  • reduce screen time (nothing before school dropoff, 20 minutes at quiet time and I'll leave the evenings open for now since that's when I do the banking, update the blog, check in with my mama group, etc.).
  • take some kind of class for enjoyment (knitting, quilting, cake decorating, etc.)
  • write letters to our grandparents once a month.
  • go and visit Leora (the lady I volunteer for) once every 2 months.
  • have 5 piano students by the end of the year. 
We have some additional financial goals but...not going to get into that here!

Do you set goals?  Resolutions?  Do you write them down?  What's the plan for 2014?

1 comment:

Mrs. Z said...

I LOVE T-25! I'm going to do my second round this year!